- Oversaw budgeting process for West Virginia Higher Education Policy Commission, Community and Technical College System and the Department of Education and the Arts. Worked with various constituency groups to develop spending priorities.
- Served as acting chief financial officer for higher education system, including oversight of system budgeting, capital facilities management, procurement, accounting and auditing.
- Directed corporation’s $12+ million annual payroll operation, including federal, state and local tax payments.
- Served as state executive and legislative branches’ primary contact for higher education budget issues.
- Restructured system of allocating funds to two-year higher education institutions to align with state goals. Developed strategy for setting community and technical college tuition and fee increases.
- Developed comprehensive plan, adopted by the Legislative Committee on Higher Education Capital Projects and Facilities, to address higher education capital project planning, financing and management, as well as facilities maintenance.
- Completed two higher education bond issues totaling more than $180 million. Obtained funding to support new $75 million community and technical college bond issue.