- Assisted Chancellors in developing and implementing public policy agendas for WV Higher Education Policy Commission and WV Community and Technical College System.
- Oversaw higher education finance and facilities, financial aid, academic affairs, research, legal services, human resources and technology.
- Leading project to develop WV Community and Technical College System 2010-2015 master plan.
- Worked with legislators to establish goals and objectives and a new accountability system for higher education, to give greater operational flexibility to West Virginia University and Marshall University, and tprestructure state-level financial aid programs to better fulfill state policy goals.
- Implemented legislation – SB 448 (2004) and HB 3215 (2008) – that created independent community and technical colleges. Facilitated institutional agreements on divisions of assets and liabilities, sharing of services and separation of databases.
- Drafted rules to address various public policy issues, including higher education accountability, rule-making; presidential selection, evaluation and compensation; community and technical college finance; and need-based financial aid.