- Assist organizations in developing effective advocacy plans, including coalition, relationship and image building and grassroots outreach.
- Assist organizations in implementing advocacy plans, including meeting with executive and legislative branch officials and developing and maintaining effective coalitions.
- Draft and prepare comments concerning legislation and regulations.
- Monitor and provide updates and alerts concerning legislative and regulatory activities.
- Coordinated legislative activities for WV Higher Education Policy Commission and Community and Technical College System.
- Served as liaison between elected officials and higher education institutions and between elected officials and various education and the arts agencies. Assisted legislators in drafting numerous major pieces of legislation, including SB 603 (2005) (higher education flexibility), HB 4049 (2006) (financial aid), SB 273 (2008) (research trust fund), SB 638 (2008) (Vision 2020), HB 3215 (2008) (community college independence), SB 373 (2009) (PROMISE scholarship) and HB 3340 (2009) (data sharing compact).
- Primary point of contact with West Virginia Legislature concerning higher education and education and the arts agency finance and budgeting issues.